Program Facilitator – Youth and Educator Programs (Entry-Level)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Are you a dynamic facilitator who is passionate about equity and inclusion? Are you excited about engaging youth and helping educators create inclusive learning environments?
Harmony Movement (www.harmony.ca) is a leading provider of diversity education in Ontario. We are a non-profit organization that addresses equity issues and promotes inclusion by educating and empowering youth and adults in schools, communities and workplace settings to be agents of change. Working with school boards and the private and public sectors in Ontario, we provide diversity education and leadership development programs, conferences, and projects customized to participants’ needs. In line with the provincial anti-racism strategy, one of our priorities is to support and amplify the voices of Black, Indigenous and racialized youth and build healthy communities through education and leadership opportunities.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Harmony Movement team to develop and deliver programs and workshops that address fundamental equity and diversity issues. Our programs explore personal and group identities, stereotypes, prejudice, discrimination, media literacy, historic inequity in Canada, and personal empowerment, as well as taking leadership for equity, inclusion and social change. This position reports to the Director of Equity Education.
- Plan and facilitate leadership, diversity and anti-discrimination education programs and workshops for youth in school and in community settings, working independently and with co-facilitators.
- Develop and deliver workshops and programs for educators that support equity, inclusion, and student leadership and voice.
- Collaborate with school and community partners to assess needs, identify learning goals/outcomes, and develop relevant content that appeals to diverse learning styles.
- Work in collaboration with the other Program Facilitators and Managers to seek out, develop and maintain relationships and opportunities with partners in schools and organizations.
- Support all operations relating to Harmony Movement programs including data gathering and evaluation, research, reporting, and various community development activities.
- This position requires regular travel within the GTA and Ontario with possible travel across Canada, and will often involve overnight stays.
Beyond these responsibilities, we are a small team and this position requires you to be extremely flexible and do whatever it takes to get things done, from research and client management through to completing mundane office tasks.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma with at least one year of relevant working experience, or equivalent work experience in lieu of formal education
- Experience facilitating workshops and interactive group activities, working directly with diverse youth and adults with a variety of learning styles and needs within a workshop, classroom or conference setting.
- Have a personal and professional interest in teaching equity, inclusion and social justice issues to youth and adults, with working knowledge of anti-oppressive and anti-racism concepts and their application.
- Strong presentation and workshop facilitation skills and ability to engage the audience in a classroom, community workshop or conference environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, writing, editing and proofreading skills with a demonstrated ability to produce high-quality materials for sharing with our audiences.
- Excellent research, planning, and time and project management skills with proven ability to see projects and tasks to completion.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team within a flexible professional environment, with minimal supervision.
- This position involves flexible hours to include weekday evenings and occasional weekends.
- Understanding of the lived realities of Black, Indigenous and racialized communities stemming from direct involvement and/or lived experience.
- Clearance from a Vulnerable Sector Police Screening.
We are filling a number of full-time positions. Salary range is 40-50K and commensurate with experience and education level.
If you are interested, please submit your resume, together with a cover letter (PDF or Word format) of no longer than one-page, summarizing why you are passionate about diversity education and why you would be an excellent candidate for this position.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Harmony Movement is committed to fostering a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we work with. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, Black and racialized people, people with disabilities, people from diverse faith communities, and members of LGBTIQ2S communities.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Only applicants that are shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.