Harmony is Hiring!
Temporary Office Manager, Outreach and Marketing
Reports To: Executive Director
Location: Head Office
Duration: 9 month contract with 3 month probation period and possibility of extension
Closing Date: November 16, 2015
Start Date: December 1, 2015 (flexible)
The Office Manager plays an integral role in the smooth and efficient running of the day-to-day activities at Harmony Movement, ensuring organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The Office Manager is responsible for marketing and outreach activities, event planning, and supporting the team in a variety of capacities including professional development and Human Resources initiatives.
Our ideal candidate values diversity and inclusion and demonstrates a commitment to fostering a just and caring society.
- Acts as the gateway person for taking orders and mailing out resources, books and materials that have been ordered
- Prints contracts and sends invoices in order to collect on orders
- Responsible for inventory management, ensures enough stock is ordered to meet demand
Marketing and Outreach
- Ensures that Harmony Movement has a social media presence
- Markets all events through affiliated organizations and seeks out partnerships where Harmony Movement message can be showcased
- Responsible for email correspondence and maintaining email database
- Actively seeks online publications where Harmony can provide information to their website (blogs, newsletters)
- Monitors social media daily, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
- Drafts and prepares email blasts, and newsletters sends to managers for approval, in order to connect with community members, educational institutions
- Maintains the company website with regular updates
- Arranges Professional Development days, coordinating the event by arranging date, topic, lunch and speakers
- Responsible for office maintenance in terms of ordering supplies and ensuring the office runs smoothly
- Coordinates Human Resources initiatives involving confidential information such as sector screenings for employees and ensuring policies are adhered to
- Responds to staff inquiries and finds more efficient ways to streamline office processes
- Researches employee suggestions and following up with information
- Takes minutes at board meetings
- Fosters positive relationships with Board members, supporting good governance
- Assists with other projects as assigned and supporting team on project deliverables
- Other duties as assigned
- Works in collaboration to coordinate the annual Harmony Movement Fundraising Gala
- Supports with all logistics related to event planning; securing site, resources and plans with vendors
- Provides support in planning and coordinating workshop events with internal staff
- May be asked to assist with on-site coordination for conference events, ensures that all plans run efficiently, addressing any issues and providing resolution
Environment, Pace, and Challenges
- Continuously evolving educational environment
- Fast-paced and flexible work environment
- Must be responsive to change
- Great camaraderie, a fun place to work!
Position Outcomes/Objectives and Standards of Performance
- Ability to bring energy, creativity and community relations expertise that will impact the Harmony Movement office in a positive manner
Enhancing the personal and professional development of Harmony Movement employees by encouraging growth and development through planning of events
- Maintaining a well-run, organized and efficient environment that is pro-active and meets deadlines.
Helps anchor the team by managing competing priorities with tact, ensures the office is conscious of upcoming events, and what each person’s role and responsibilities are. Does this by following up with employees and delegating when necessary.
- Ensures professional execution of all related special events
Using advanced planning skills, anticipating problems, and suggesting immediate resolutions.
- Exhibit entrepreneurial skills including the ability to multi-task, and proven ability to meet goals, be a team player who has the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals and meet organizational needs.
Is self-motivated and able to influence those in the environment by seeking out resources to broadcast the Harmony Movement message via social media.
Required Behaviour, Skills, and Knowledge
Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary diploma required, (preferably in Marketing, Public or Community Relations) and two years of experience in special events planning, preferably in the not-for-profit sector
- Ability to work well independently on several projects concurrently, and possess excellent communication, organizational and creative thinking skills.
- Experience in planning and implementing events including expertise in attracting volunteers and partnerships.
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point, is required; knowledge and experience in social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Strong initiative and customer service orientation
- Organizing, prioritizing skills, problem solving, and attention to detail is imperative
- Demonstrated level of flexibility
- Knowledge of equity and social justice issues
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
To apply for this position email resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax to 416-385-2644.